Who knew planning a wedding would be so crazy, right? From choosing the colors of your napkins to choosing which songs you want on a playlist, you’ve got what seems like a million small decisions to make. So when it comes to your bachelor party, keep things simple: Austin is the best city for your celebration. Austin Bachelorette Party Ideas.
Brewery tours, ax throwing, kayaking – this Texas town hits hard when it comes to activities. Choose your options and get ready for an unforgettable Austin bachelor party.
For the Speed Racers
Admit it: There’s always been a competitive streak among your friends. A short trip to Circuit of the Americas should set the score once and for all. Slip into one of the go-karts and burn rubber as you put the best man to shame. Note: No bumps or spins are allowed, so keep the race clean and win. In fact, if you race fast enough, you are put in the monthly fastest driver competition.
Winners receive gear and a gift card for future endgames. Not only will you win bragging rights among your friends forever, but you can also be the Texas Conqueror.
For Men with Aim
We think we are all experts at our goals, but it’s time to prove ourselves at the ax center. The Urban Axis has too many sharp objects to throw the bullseye across the room. The location is BYOB if you want to bring a cooler of beer, wine, or cider (all other types of booze are discouraged). Just try not to plaster too much before hitting your ax on the board and sprinkling the bullseye in the middle.
The best part is that the place remains open till 11 pm, so it is time to test your abilities before heading out to enjoy the nightlife of the city.
For Swingers (Not Like That)
Golfers Unite! While enjoying your Austin, Texas, a bachelorette party is not an excuse to step away from your clubs. Practice your swing at Top Golf. There are over 100 hitting bays, so you and the crew will have enough room to test out the rafts. Better yet, the venue doubles as an entertainment hub. Enjoy a gaming lounge, full bar, restaurant, and a rooftop terrace with a fire pit. It remains open till 1 pm. on Fridays and Saturdays, so consider this a perfect alternative to the usual nightlife scene.
For (Kinda) Daredevils
At one point or another, we all looked at those soft clouds and wondered what it would be like to skydive through them. That said, some people are still a little shy to jump out of a plane. We have a suggestion that will keep everyone happy: indoor skydiving experiences. All you have to do is zip up your flight suit and walk inside the special wind tunnel.
You will float above the ground like a bird – without any rough ground. Trainers are available to help you glide through the air. Each experience package comes with two “flights” so you can really master the art of flying. Plus, the wind tunnel is surrounded by glass, so your friends can watch and cheer you on before diving into their own session.
With sunny weather most of the year, it should come as no surprise that kayaking is one of the top Austin bachelorette party ideas. Book a group of kayak rentals at Lady Bird Lake. You will have two hours to walk around the beautiful shoreline.
You can hike the city skyline, the famous Congress Avenue Bridge, the secluded beaches of the Colorado River, and even stop at Snake Island (there aren’t snakes, don’t worry). Depending on the time of year, temperatures in the afternoon can be toasty, making the morning paddle a popular option for groups.
For Beer Lovers
OK, let’s get down to business. When it comes to bachelor party activities in Austin, Texas, beer is king. Austin is one of America’s craft beer mecca, with almost every type of pale ale and lager imaginable. Here are some of the most popular stops.
- Adelbert’s Brewery – Established in 2011, this award-winning brewery is known for its strong brews and sense of humor. Order beers with names like Naked Nuns, Flynn Monks, and Scratchin’ Hippo.
- Draft House Pub & Brewery – This local favorite has been pouring cold water for almost 25 years. It has won several awards for “Best Craft Beer Bar” and “Best Brewpub in Texas”. All beers are unfiltered and no clarifying agents are used. This is real beer done right.
- Hops & Grains Brewing – Want to give back during your bachelor party? Hops & Grains Brewing has a unique way of doing it. They donate annual revenue to local sustainability groups. The more you drink, the happier the planet! Their extensive ale menu makes it easy to enjoy lots of brews with your buds.
Want to visit a bunch of breweries in one afternoon? Sign up for the Austin Craft Beer Tour that will take you and your friends to three breweries with free samples at every stop. This is a rotating calendar of stops, so check the calendar to choose your ideal combination.
For Nightlife Fans
Austin, TX nightlife works a little differently than most places. Yes, you can find your usual nightclubs, but the scene revolves around strong drinks and live music. It’s a lively atmosphere, but one that invites everyone to turn their heads and put on glasses.
- Continental Club – This is one of the most iconic venues in Texas. Open since 1955, the venue began as a dinner club before evolving into one of the busiest live music stages in the city. Everyone from Robert Plant to Social Distortion has played here.
- Elephant Room – This underground jazz bar has a certain speakeasy feel that your friends will love. There are more than 20 draft beers and wines available on tap and jazz plays until 2 p.m.
- The Antons – It wouldn’t be South without strumming the blues without the guitar. Anton’s is a famous venue that has seen stars like BB King, Ray Charles, and James Brown take to the stage.
- Roosevelt Room – If you and the guys want to feel like James Bond for the night, stop here. The award-winning bar boasts some of the most innovative martinis and old-fashioned fashions you’ve ever tasted.
Where to Stay in Austin?
You wish a nearby hotel would crash after that delicious craft beer. Choose your hotels in Austin in these top places.
- Downtown – Downtown is undoubtedly the most popular place to stay for the weekend. It puts you in the center of the action and closes to the liveliest streets of the area. This includes Rainey Street, known for its food trucks and open-air restaurants; Sixth Street, known for its live music scene; and Fourth Street, known for its LGBTQ bars.
- South Austin – This area includes South Congress Avenue with a variety of acclaimed cafes and restaurants. The neighborhood is also home to South Lamar and South First Street, which have a ton of local art and antiques if you’re still in need of some fun decorations for a wedding.
- East Austin – Are you and the guys looking for a quiet place after a day of excitement? East Austin has you covered. It’s still close enough to a quick ride car downtown but is better known for its mix of Mexican and hipster eateries, as well as the famous Alamo Drafthouse cinema chain.
When you plan an Austin bachelorette party, what you’re really creating is an experience that you and your best friends will never forget. From racing cars to pounding beats, you’ll enjoy the perfect weekend getaway in Austin.
First time in Austin?
Q: What is Party Street in Austin?
A: Sixth Street is the most popular area in Austin. This is where you’ll find live music in almost every bar, and plenty of late-night eateries.
Q: Which is the best part of Austin to live in?
Whether you’re looking for nightlife, craft brews, or entertainment, the best Austin neighborhood to stay in is downtown, made up of the popular Sixth Street and Rainey Street areas, and close to South Congress Street.
Q: What is the legal drinking age in the US?
A: The legal drinking age is 21 in all 50 states.
Q: What documents does a Canadian need to enter the United States?
A: If you’re flying, all you need is your passport or Nexus card. If you are driving or boating across the border, you will need your passport, NEXUS card, FAST card, SENTRI card, or driver’s license.