Disney Cruise Alaska: Disney Cruise Line has been offering unforgettable vacation experiences for families for years, and now they’ve added a new destination to their list: Alaska. A Disney cruise to Alaska promises to be an adventure full of breathtaking scenery, wildlife encounters, and Disney magic. In this article, we’ll dive into everything you need to know about a Disney cruise to Alaska, from when to go and what to pack to the onboard activities and shore excursions.
Why Choose a Disney Cruise to Alaska?
A Disney cruise is a unique and magical way to explore one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. Here are some reasons why you should choose a Disney cruise to Alaska:
- Family-friendly activities: Disney Cruise Line is renowned for its family-friendly activities and entertainment, and a Disney cruise to Alaska is no exception. There are plenty of activities for kids of all ages, from character meet-and-greets to pool parties and kids’ clubs.
- Expertly curated shore excursions: Disney Cruise Line offers a wide range of shore excursions in Alaska, from whale watching and glacier hiking to dog sledding and gold panning. These excursions are carefully curated to provide the best experience for families.
- Immersive Disney storytelling: Disney Cruise Line’s signature storytelling brings the magic of Alaska to life through onboard activities and entertainment. From Alaska-themed dining experiences to character appearances in traditional Alaskan attire, you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into a Disney-fied version of Alaska.
When to Go on a Disney Cruise to Alaska
The best time to go on a Disney cruise is during the summer months, from May to September. This is when the weather is the mildest, with temperatures ranging from the mid-50s to mid-60s Fahrenheit. Additionally, this is when the wildlife is most active, and the daylight hours are the longest, giving you plenty of time to enjoy the scenery.
What to Pack for a Disney Cruise to Alaska
When packing for a Disney cruise to Alaska, it’s important to bring warm and waterproof clothing, as the weather can be unpredictable. Here are some essential items to pack:
- Warm layers: Bring plenty of warm layers, including fleece jackets, sweaters, and long-sleeved shirts. It’s also a good idea to pack thermal underwear and warm socks.
- Waterproof clothing: Rain is common in Alaska, so it’s essential to bring waterproof clothing, including a rain jacket, rain pants, and waterproof boots.
- Binoculars: Bring a pair of binoculars to spot wildlife and take in the scenery.
- Camera: Don’t forget to bring a camera or smartphone to capture all the breathtaking sights.
- Backpack: A backpack is essential for shore excursions, allowing you to carry your essentials like water, snacks, and sunscreen.
Onboard Activities on a Disney Cruise to Alaska
A Disney cruise offers plenty of onboard activities for the whole family. Here are some of the highlights:
- Disney Character Encounters: Meet and greet your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey, Minnie, and Elsa, in traditional Alaskan attire.
- Alaskan-inspired Dining: Enjoy Alaskan-inspired cuisine in the ship’s restaurants, including salmon, crab, and other seafood dishes.
- Deck Parties: Join the fun at the ship’s deck parties, including the Frozen Deck Party and Pirate Night.
- Live Shows: Disney Cruise Line is known for its Broadway-style productions, and a Disney cruise to Alaska is no exception. Catch shows like “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular” and “Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic.”
- Kids’ Clubs: Disney Cruise Line’s kids’ clubs offer a variety of activities for kids of all ages, from craft workshops to video games.
Shore Excursions on a Disney Cruise to Alaska
One of the highlights of a Disney cruise is the wide range of shore excursions available, which are carefully curated to provide the best experience for families. Here are some of the most popular shore excursions:
- Whale Watching: Alaska is known for its abundant wildlife, including humpback whales, orcas, and sea lions. Join a whale-watching excursion to get up close and personal with these majestic creatures.
- Glacier Hiking: Hike across the Mendenhall Glacier, one of Alaska’s most iconic natural wonders. The excursion includes a helicopter ride to the glacier, a guided hike, and a visit to the visitor center.
- Dog Sledding: Experience the thrill of dog sledding through the Alaskan wilderness, where you’ll be pulled by a team of huskies across the snow.
- Gold Panning: Relive the gold rush era by trying your hand at gold panning. Learn about the history of the gold rush and try your luck at finding your own nugget.
- Salmon Fishing: Alaska is famous for its salmon, and a fishing excursion is a great way to experience this tradition firsthand. Catch your own fish and learn how to prepare it for dinner.
- Ketchikan Rainforest Walk: Take a guided walk through the Tongass National Forest, the largest temperate rainforest in the world. Learn about the unique flora and fauna of the area, including Sitka spruce and bald eagles.
Booking a Disney Cruise to Alaska
Booking a Disney cruise is easy, and there are plenty of options available. You can book directly through the Disney Cruise Line website or through a travel agent. It’s important to book early, as Alaska cruises can fill up quickly, especially during peak season. Disney Cruise Line also offers travel insurance, which is highly recommended to protect your investment in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Tips for a Disney Cruise to Alaska
Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Disney cruise to Alaska:
- Pack Warm and Waterproof Clothing: The weather in Alaska can be unpredictable, so it’s essential to pack warm and waterproof clothing.
- Bring Binoculars and a Camera: Don’t miss out on the breathtaking scenery and wildlife sightings – bring binoculars and a camera to capture the moment.
- Plan Ahead for Shore Excursions: Shore excursions can fill up quickly, so it’s important to plan ahead and book your excursions early.
- Take Advantage of Onboard Activities: There’s plenty to do on the ship, so make sure to take advantage of all the onboard activities and entertainment.
- Consider Travel Insurance: Travel insurance can provide peace of mind in case of unexpected events like trip cancellations or medical emergencies.
- Remember to Tip: Tipping is customary on a Disney cruise, and it’s important to remember to tip your servers, room attendants, and other staff members who provide excellent service.
A Disney cruise is a magical and unique way to explore one of the most beautiful destinations in the world. From the expertly curated shore excursions to the immersive Disney storytelling, there’s something for everyone on a Disney cruise to Alaska. With these tips and insights, you’ll be ready to plan your dream vacation and create unforgettable memories with your family.