As 2021 approaches, you will be busy planning ambitious travel, right? From flight costs to your budget hotel, you’ll be looking at everything just like me. Traveling has become more fun these days thanks to attractive travel packages. And guess what, it is the credit card that many people use to book those packages and enjoy the discounts on offer. To make it more beneficial, banks offer best travel credit cards specially designed for frequent travelers.
With bonus miles, lounge access, travel membership and many other privileges, travel cards double the convenience for a traveler like you. Apart from this, these cards also bring substantial savings by allowing cardholders to avail attractive discounts on their spending. I chose a travel credit card, didn’t I? No! Then, choose from the list below which includes the best travel credit cards to be offered in India.
Most of us are travel lovers, be it a short trip to a nearby sightseeing or an international trip. However, what if you were told that just a small device in your pocket could make each of your trips even more worthwhile and cost-effective! A travel credit card is a tool that offers instant rewards on the go, along with a host of other perks such as complimentary domestic and/or international lounge access, earning air miles, and co-partners with airlines and travel partners offers benefits. Some also offer rewards for booking hotel stays and travel insurance. In fact, sometimes the points collected on travel cards can later be used to redeem a complimentary ticket or buy vouchers of your favorite brands.
Following are the top 10 best travel credit cards in India that you must have:
- Joining fee Rs. 1,500
- Welcome gift: A Complimentary Economy Class Ticket
- Air Accident Cover of up to Rs. 2.5 crore
The Axis Bank Vistara Credit Card is ideal for frequent fliers. Benefits include a complimentary economy class ticket, complimentary Club Vistara membership, and CV points on every swipe. You can also get two economy class tickets once you reach your spending milestones.
- Joining fee Rs. 3,000
- Get 3 complimentary rounds of golf
- Explore curated experiences from across the world with Extraordinary weekends
The Axis Bank Vistara Signature Credit Card will delight you with complimentary membership of the Vistara Silver Club. Other benefits include a complimentary premium economy ticket annually. Customers can avail Club Vistara Points to achieve milestones while transacting and stand a chance to win three premium economy tickets with these milestones.
- Joining fee Rs. 1,500 (Nil joining fee for Priority Customers only)
- Welcome Benefits includes availing 12,500 EDGE REWARD Points that are redeemable against Paytm flight & hotel vouchers
- 2 Complimentary access per calendar quarter to select domestic lounges
The Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card has the activation benefit of Paytm flights and hotel vouchers worth Rs 5,000 and 8 complimentary lounge access at select domestic airports.
- Joining fee Rs. 5,000 & Second Year onwards fee will be Rs. 10,000
- This card is best suited for Travel Vouchers & Lounge Access
- Welcome Gift of 10,000 Bonus JPMiles will be made available only to Basic Cardmembers who pay the Annual Fee
The Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card is of great importance, hence finding a place in the primary wallet of the traveller. Rewards and offers will definitely entice you to get one now!
- Joining fee Rs. 5,000
- Enjoy Complimentary Airport Lounge access, Golf rounds, movie tickets, discounts on dining, and more
- Get a 10% discount on Business Class tickets booked on Etihad Airways
This little friend of yours fulfills all the wishes of those who love to travel. The InterMiles ICICI Bank Saffiro Credit Card offers travel privileges, shopping perks and airport lounge access.
- Joining fee Rs. 3,000
- This credit card is suited well for Air Mile Earning
- EMI options on online travel booking and shopping, and at over 2,000 stores
Those who love to travel should opt for this credit card. It helps users to win free miles and other exciting travel offers. Customers who pay with this credit card can earn high reward points and win miles.
- Joining fee Rs. 4,999
- Best suited for Lounge Access, Movies, and Dining
- Welcome e- Gift Voucher worth Rs. 5,000. Choose from an array of travel and lifestyle brands: Yatra, Hush Puppies/Bata, Pantaloons, Aditya Birla Fashion, and Shoppers Stop
SBI Card ELITE is specially designed for the high end users. The card offers various benefits like gift vouchers and coupons that can be availed at leading outlets.
- Joining fee Rs. 3,000
- This credit card is best for those seeking Travel Rewards with Emirates, Lounge Access, and Golf Privileges
- Complimentary overseas air accident coverage of Rs. 1 Crore including insurance on the loss of baggage and flight delay
Receive your card now and get welcomed with 4,000 Bonus Miles. Get a return ticket to Dubai, with only 27,500 Skyward Miles!
- Joining fee Rs. 4,999
- This credit card has Travel Rewards along with Exclusive Benefits with the Indian Airline, Air India
- Complimentary Visa Lounge Access Program in India at major domestic airports
This travel card is sure to offer a trip that is truly worth remembering – welcome to the campaign for rewarding experiences. It is designed for travel enthusiasts, be it for personal reasons or professional ones. Many travel features and benefits are waiting for you.
- Joining fee Rs. 10,000
- Welcome Benefits include complimentary annual memberships from partnered brands
- Spend Rs. 5 Lakhs in 12 Months and get Renewal Fee waived for the next renewal year
HDFC Diners Club Black is an exclusive international credit card with various lifestyle benefits. It is for those who like to live a luxurious lifestyle and travel.
These credit cards are highly suitable for people who travel frequently for business or leisure. It can be confusing to decide which travel credit card best suits your needs while browsing through the various options available in the market. However, there are a few things to consider when choosing the right travel credit card.
More Travel Tips
- Tips For Easy Air Travel
- Travel Internationally With Your Pet
- Pick the ideal Honeymoon Destinations
- Vaccine Passports, things you need to know about
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Travel Credit Cards
Q. Which credit card offers the best travel rewards?
A – Winner: American Express® Gold Card. Runner-up: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. Best Welcome Bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. Best for Luxury Travel: Chase Sapphire Reserve®
Q. Is it worth getting a travel credit card?
A – Depending on how often you travel, you may be able to charge the amount required on the card to qualify for the rewards, whether you are eligible enough to justify an annual fee Depending on whether the rewards accrue value, a travel rewards credit card may be a good fit for you. Can pay the card balance on monthly basis.
Q. How do I choose a travel credit card?
A – What to Look for in Travel Cards: When evaluating cards, look at both how they earn rewards and how you can redeem those rewards. Some cards offer higher rewards on travel spend and a lower base rate (usually 1%) on everything else. Other cards pay the same rate on all expenses.
Q. What credit score is required for a travel credit card?
A – Most travel credit cards require good to excellent credit, which means you’ll want at least a score over 650. A score over 700 is ideal*. That doesn’t mean you won’t be approved if your score isn’t that high, but it’s a good rule of thumb when considering applying for a credit card.
Q. Should I get a prepaid credit card for travel?
A – Whether you are planning a trip to Bali or Boston, staying on a budget and keeping your money safe is essential. A prepaid debit card can help. Prepaid travel cards function similarly to general-purpose prepaid debit cards, but offer additional features that can make your life a little easier when you’re abroad.
Q. Is Visa or Mastercard better for international travel?
A – The truth is that both types of cards are widely accepted overseas, and are therefore a better choice for international travel than Amex or Discover. As mentioned above, MasterCard may offer a slightly better exchange rate than Visa, but if you don’t travel often, it probably won’t make a big difference.
Q. Are you charged for using a credit card abroad?
A – Most standard credit or debit cards charge a fee for using the card abroad, usually around 3%. This means that a £100 purchase will cost you £103 including fees.
Q. Which is better travel card or cash?
A – Travel cards are an excellent option if you travel frequently and can take full advantage of the added benefits. Cash-back cards, however, are generally less expensive and come with more versatile rewards. For many, this makes it a clear winner.