Hiking shoes for women provide a good balance for weight, water conservation, blister prevention, comfort, durability, and traction that require stable and protective trail footwear. We researched, broke, and broke thousands of miles of women’s hiking boots thousands of miles to bring you this list of the best trail shoes on the market.
Hiking Shoes for Women | Quick Recommendations
- Best hiking shoes overall for comfort, traction & durability: Salomon X Ultra 3 Low GTX
- Best ultralight hiking shoes: Altra Lone Peak 4.5
- Best supportive hiking shoes for rugged terrain: Oboz Sawtooth II Low BDry
- Best affordable lightweight hiking shoes: Merrell Siren Edge 3 WP Low
- Lightweight hiking shoes with excellent traction: Saucony Peregrine 10
- Best hiking shoes for those with wide feet: Merrell Moab 2 WP Low
- Supportive hiking shoes with a narrow fit: Salomon XA Pro 3D V8
- Stable shoes with a wide to box: Keen Targhee III Low WP
- Cushy hiking shoes with a wide fit: HOKA ONE ONE Speedgoat 4
- Versatile shoes for day hikes, travel, or urban commutes: Salomon OUTline Low GTX
- Lightweight & affordable hiking shoes for day hiking: Merrell MQM Flex 2 GORE-TEX Low
- Stylish shoes for day hikes and walking around town: North Face Hedgehog Fastpack II WP
WHAT’S MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU IN A HIKING SHOE?
COMFORT and FIT – This is the most important consideration when choosing hiking shoes. Different women need different things in shoes (wide vs. narrow, arch support, etc.), so what makes your feet happy is important.
Here are top pics for our comfort: Salomon X Ultra 3 Low GTX, Ultra Lone Peak 4.5, and Saucony Peregrine 10 Best Hiking Boots for Wide Feet: Merrell Moab 2 WP Low, Oboz Savotho II Low Beaudry, and Hokage Forest. A Speedgoat 4 Best Hiking Shoes for Narrow Feet: Salomon OUTline Low GTX, and Salomon XA Pro 3D V8
Price – We are willing to spend a bit more on quality footwear because we truly believe that the success of our adventures depends on happy, healthy feet. Comfort and fit usually cost Trump in our books, but we recommend quality options at a variety of price points in our top selections below. Choose
Top Price: Salomon X Ultra 3 Low GTX Best Budget Hiking Boots: Merrell Siren Edge 3 WP Low, Ultra Lone Peak 4.5, And Saucony Peregrine 10
Weight – The weight on your legs consumes about 5 times more energy than the weight on your back. Lighter shoes mean less muscle fatigue, less flexion, and can help avoid knee and hip flexor problems. This does not mean that heavy shoes are bad, though. If you do a lot of bumpy hiking, or you like to carry a heavy pack, you can have more confidence in cute shoes.
Best Lightweight Hiking Boots: Merrell Siren Edge 3 WP Low, Altar Lone Peak 4.5, and Saucony Pergreen 10 Best Heavy-Duty Hiking Boots: Oboz Savathoth II Low Beaudry
Durability and Material – One of the biggest advantages of hiking shoes is that they provide a great balance of durability, weight, and comfort. If durability is more important to you than weight, then a hiking boot or shoe is a great option for you.
Most durable hiking shoes: Oboz Savotho II Low Beaudry and Merle Moab 2 WP Low
Waterproof VS Non-Waterproof – Waterproof shoes can be a real lifesaver if you often hike in wet, slushy areas. We like to use them for small hikes in spring and fall. As an added bonus, waterproof boots collect less blister-causing debris than non-waterproof mesh shoes. On the other hand, they do not breathe much, and when they get wet they can dry heavily and slow. Non-waterproof shoes are more breathable, and although they are susceptible to getting wet, they dry quickly.
Best Waterproof Hiking Shoes for Women: Salomon X Ultra 3 Low GTX, Oboz Savathoth II Low Beaudry, and Merrell Moab 2 WP Low Best Non-Waterproof Hiking Shoes: Ultra Lone Peak 4.5, Succony Perrin 10, and Salomon XA Pro 3D V8
Related Post – Best Hiking Shoes Available for Men
Frequently Asked Questions About Trekking Shoes
Q. Which are the best men’s trekking shoes?
A – Below are the best trekking shoes
- Woodland Men’s Shoes
- Wildcraft Men’s RuNX TR Hugo Blue & Hiking Shoes
- Adidas Men’s Ax3 Ind Shoes
- Liberty Unisex Adult’s Hiking Shoes
- Furo Men’s Hiking Shoes
- Adidas Men’s Entry Hiker Ind Shoes
- Redchief Men’s Leather Hiking Footwear
- Salomon L40662000 Synthetic X Ultra 3 GTX Waterproof Hiking Shoes
- ADD GEAR CTR Anti-Skid Shoes
- Lee Cooper Men’s Camel and Hiking Boots
Q. Which are the best women’s trekking shoes?
A – Below are the best women’s shoes
- Merrell Women’s Moab Ventilator Hiking Shoes
- Adidas Outdoor Women’s Terrex AX3
- KEEN Targhee III Waterproof Trail Shoes
- Columbia Women’s Redmond Waterproof Trail Shoes
- The North Face Hedgehog Fastpack Gtx
- Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking Shoes
- Salomon Women’s X Ultra 3 GTX Hiking Shoes
Q. Which are the best Adidas trekking shoes?
A – Best Adidas Hiking Shoes
Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX For Men.
Adidas Terrex Eastrail GTX For Women.
Adidas Terrex Eastrail Mid GTX For Men.
Adidas Terrex Eastrail Mid GTX For Women.
Adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX For Men.
Adidas Terrex Swift R2 GTX For Women.
Adidas Terrex AX3 For Men.
Adidas Terrex AX3 For Women.
Q. Which are the best Woodland trekking shoes?
A – This shoe is too heavy, has poor grip, is very slippery on wet surfaces, extremely bad on black ice, however, it is good on fresh snow. However woodland boots are good for trekking in stony areas where there is little or no contact with water.
Q. Which are the best Decathlon trekking shoes?
Q. Which are the best waterproof trekking shoes?
A – Below are the best options
Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof.
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot.
Keen Voyageur Mid Hiking Boots.
Q. Which are the best trekking shoes Wildcraft?
A – Below are the best trekking Wildcraft shoes
- Wildcraft Men Navy Blue Shoes
- Wildcraft Men Grey & Black Volga Shoes
- Wildcraft Men Khaki Clivton Shoes
- Wildcraft Men Charcoal Grey Avic Plus Shoes
Q.Which are the best snow trekking shoes?
A – Best options of best snow trekking shoes are available on the below link
Q. Which are the best Nike trekking shoes?
A – Below are the best options
- Nike ACG Air Revaderchi Men’s Hiking Shoes
- Nike Men’s Lupinek Flyknit Shoes
- Nike Wildhorse 6
- Nike Air Zoom Terra Kiger 6
- Nike Zoom Pegasus 36 Trail Gore-Tex