Atlantic City International Airport is an airport located in Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States. It serves as a gateway to the Atlantic City area and the Jersey Shore. The airport is operated by the South Jersey Transportation Authority (SJTA) and has been in operation since 1942. It is one of the three airports serving the state of New Jersey, along with Newark Liberty International Airport and Trenton-Mercer Airport. In this article, we will provide you with an in-depth guide to Atlantic City International Airport, including its facilities, services, and tips for travelers.
The Atlantic City International Airport has a single terminal building with two levels. The lower level is for arrivals and baggage claims, while the upper level is for departures. The airport has a total of 10 gates, with 8 gates for commercial airlines and 2 gates for general aviation. The terminal has a variety of restaurants and shops for travelers to enjoy, including a Starbucks, a Hudson News, and a Dunkin Donuts.
The airport has several parking options for travelers, including a short-term parking lot, a long-term parking lot, and a cell phone lot. The short-term parking lot is located right in front of the terminal and is ideal for travelers who are only going to be at the airport for a few hours. The long-term parking lot is located further away from the terminal but is still within walking distance. The cell phone lot is a free parking lot where drivers can wait for their passengers to arrive before picking them up.
The Atlantic City International Airport provides a variety of services to make the travel experience as smooth and comfortable as possible. The airport has free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal, so travelers can stay connected while waiting for their flights. The airport also has several charging stations for travelers to charge their electronic devices.
For travelers with disabilities, the airport has a variety of services available, including wheelchair assistance, accessible restrooms, and TTY phones for the hearing impaired. The airport also has a service animal relief area located outside of the terminal.
The airport has several rental car agencies located on-site, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz. There are also several taxi and shuttle services available for travelers who prefer not to rent a car.
Tips for Travelers:
- Arrive Early: It is recommended that travelers arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before their flight’s departure time. This will allow enough time for check-in, security, and any potential delays.
- Check Flight Status: Before leaving for the airport, it is recommended that travelers check the status of their flight. This can be done on the airline’s website or through a flight tracking app.
- Know What You Can Bring: Make sure to check the TSA’s website for a list of prohibited items before packing for your trip. This will save you time and hassle at security.
- Pack Light: If possible, try to pack only a carry-on bag to avoid having to wait at baggage claim. This will save you time and make your travel experience more convenient.
- Use PreCheck: If you are a frequent traveler, consider applying for TSA PreCheck. This will allow you to go through security more quickly and with less hassle.
Atlantic City International Airport is a convenient and efficient airport for travelers visiting the Atlantic City area and the Jersey Shore. With its variety of facilities and services, it provides a comfortable and stress-free travel experience. By following the tips for travelers, you can ensure that your visit to Atlantic City International Airport is a smooth and enjoyable one.
- Lihue Airport: Facilities, Services, and Tips for Travelers
- Florence Airport: Facilities, Transportation, and Tips
- Narita International Airport: A Comprehensive Guide for Travelers
Frequently Asked Questions About Atlantic City International Airport
- Which airlines operate at Atlantic City International Airport?
Several airlines operate at Atlantic City International Airport, including Spirit Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines.
- What destinations can I fly to from Atlantic City International Airport?
Atlantic City International Airport offers direct flights to several destinations, including Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Myrtle Beach, Orlando, and Tampa.
- Is there public transportation available to and from the airport?
Yes, public transportation options are available to and from Atlantic City International Airport. The Atlantic City Jitney Association offers shuttle service to and from the airport to various locations in Atlantic City, while NJ Transit offers bus service to and from the airport.
- Are there any hotels near Atlantic City International Airport?
Yes, there are several hotels near Atlantic City International Airport, including the Atlantic City Airport Hotel, Wingate by Wyndham Atlantic City West, and Courtyard by Marriott Atlantic City Airport.
- What amenities are available at the airport?
Atlantic City Airport offers several amenities for passengers, including free Wi-Fi, dining options, retail shops, and a business center.
- Is there on-site parking available at the airport?
Yes, on-site parking is available at Atlantic City Airport. There are several parking options available, including hourly parking, daily parking, and economy parking.
- Can I rent a car at the airport?
Yes, several car rental companies operate at Atlantic City Airport, including Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National.
- Is there a lounge available for passengers?
Yes, the airport offers a lounge for passengers called the ACES Lounge. The lounge offers a comfortable seating area, complimentary snacks and beverages, and a business center.
- Are there any special services available for passengers with disabilities?
Yes, Atlantic City Airport offers several services for passengers with disabilities, including wheelchair assistance, accessible parking, and accessible restrooms.
- Is there a TSA PreCheck lane at the airport?
Yes, Atlantic City Airport has a TSA PreCheck lane, which allows eligible passengers to go through security screening faster and more efficiently.