While you can actually celebrate National Tequila Day on July 24 by mixing it up at your native bar, take it to the following level with a tequila tour in Mexico. Drink within the Jose Cuervo® Tequila Experience in Cozumel, tour the Tequila Museum in Puerto Vallarta, and style the distinction between tequila and mezcal in Mexico City. You may even go to the supply of Mexico’s national drink by visiting the enchanting town of Tequila and its blue agave fields close to Guadalajara. Listed here are a number of the finest tequila tours in Mexico to show National Tequila Day into the right Mexican getaway.
1) Tequila, Jalisco
Tequila Tour from Guadalajara
Where better to spend National Tequila Day than within the charming city of Tequila in Jalisco, Mexico? On a Tequila tour from Guadalajara, venture into previous fields of blue agave vegetation, see the tequila distillery course of, and, in fact, moist your whistle with a tequila tasting. Whereas the area’s signature spirit is clearly the principal draw, Tequila’s enchanting cobblestone streets, architecturally attention-grabbing church, and welcoming residents could entice you to remain. When you fall in love with this magical city, spend just a few nights at considered one of Tequila’s finest inns.
Where to Stay in Tequila
- On the Matices Hotel de Barricas, stay in a room formed like a huge tequila barrel with a veranda that overlooks the silvery spears of blue agave fields.
2) Puerto Vallarta
Some of the Best Tequila Excursions in West Mexico
Impress your friends at your subsequent National Tequila Day fiesta by studying some new social gathering tips on the Viva Tequila Museum in Puerto Vallarta. On this totally immersive and interactive museum, discover ways to sniff out high- and low-quality tequila with an aroma sensory sport. Uncover tips on how to establish the 5 official classifications of tequila: Blanco, Joven, reposado, añejo, and further añejo. Then, check your know-how by inspecting barrels throughout a tequila tasting with a tequila skilled. For a day in town, delve into Puerto Vallarta’s foodie scene on tacos, tequila, and cocktail strolling tour led by a grasp mixologist. From the jalapeno margarita to the handmade carne asada tacos, it’s certain to be a vigorous time of culinary delight.
Where to stay in Puerto Vallarta
- For an adults-only vacation, Casa Velas Luxury Boutique offers an all-inclusive property with a seashore bar and no children allowed.
Jose Cuervo Tour
Supposedly, tequila has various health benefits, so drink up on the Jose Cuervo® Tequila Experience at Discover Mexico in Cozumel. Along with your skilled tequilero information, savor 3 types of Jose Cuervo, together with Blanco, reposado, and añejo. Study about the historical past and cultural significance of tequila in Mexico and tips on how to combine a party-ready margarita at dwelling. Then, observe your premium tequila tasting with a scrumptious taco lunch and watch the performance of the spectacular indigenous ritual known as the Papantla Flyers.
Where to Stay near Cozumel
- Throughout the water in Playa del Carmen, keep in the all-inclusive Resort Riu Tequila and sip your cocktails within the refreshing swim-up bar.
Tequila Distillery and Mezcal Tasting Excursions
Enliven your Mexico getaway with a heart-pumping zipline journey on the Huana Coa Cover Journey ecological park. Afterward, loosen up by sipping Mexican tequila and mezcal on the Los Osuna distillery. See these spirits ready within the conventional manner as a donkey-powered stone wheel extracts valuable liquid from agave hearts. For an even more serene tequila tour, discover the country village of La Noria and its gaucho (cowboy) tradition on a tequila distillery tour from Mazatlán. On one of the best tequila excursions in Mexico, you’re certain to come across small-batch and native manufacturers that you couldn’t purchase wherever else. So, make sure to top off on souvenirs!
Where to Stay in Mazatlán
- Practice your golf swing or luxuriate in the full-service spa if you keep on the Las Villas Spa and Golf Resort by Estrella del Mar in Mazatlán.
5) Mexico City
Tequila and Mezcal Museum Tour
Pop quiz: What’s the distinction between tequila and mezcal? Reply: Mezcal might be created from any species of agave, however, tequila must be a minimum of 51% blue agave. See for those who can style the distinction while touring the Museo del Tequila y el Mezcal in Mexico Metropolis. Discover Mexico’s wealthy historical past of tequila and mezcal manufacturing as you admire the museum’s spectacular tequila bottle assortment. Then, head to the rooftop bar for a tasting. As you savor your fermented agave spirit, the festive tunes of mariachi music serenade you from the well-known Plaza Garibaldi under.
Where to Stay in Mexico City
- If you have discerning tastes, stay within the Gran Resort Ciudad De Mexico within the coronary heart of downtown Mexico City. Not a lot compares to its magnificent Tiffany stained glass ceiling and beautiful artwork nouveau structure.
Fun Facts for National Tequila Day
- While the US celebrates National Tequila Day on July 24, Mexico’s National Tequila Day is on the third Saturday of March.
- Like champagne in France, true tequila can solely come from the Mexican state of Jalisco and some different certified areas.
- The town of Tequila and its surrounding agave fields are designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Is the worm in tequila real? Opposite to pop culture, you shouldn’t find a worm within the backside of your tequila bottle. The worm truly began as an advertising ploy for the mezcal and is said to enhance the drink’s taste. Additionally, the worm isn’t a worm—it’s the larva of a moth!